Mentoringminds.com provides educational resources for teachers and parents to guide their students in the most effective core curricula in the 21st century. Valuable education opens doors for many students in grades K-12 to succeed beyond high school. It sets the foundations that students need to be competitive in society as they embark upon their college careers and beyond. Continue reading
Some people think that in order to run a successful business, you need to fully focus your time on it so doing other time consuming activity like taking undergraduate program is not an option. In fact it’s not completely true. I’ve seen many people who can do both at the same time and they can be successful in both area. Do you want to know how to do that? Simple! You need to learn the power of partnership and delegation. Continue reading
According to NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse), there are about 13,000 specialized drug addiction rehab centers in the U.S. Of these, StopAddiction.com is one of the best. You should, however, note that simply visiting a rehab center is not enough. There are several tips that will help you fully recover.
1) You should get treatment for withdrawal. A formal drug detox program will prepare your body and mind for the rehabilitation, taking in mind that the process is very involving. Stopaddiction.com has such a detox program. The detoxification is important because the brain will have become accustomed to having access to drugs and it will send distress calls when the drugs are removed. Withdrawal symptoms range from unpleasant to deadly and the process should therefore be supervised by a professional.
2) Ensure that the whole person is treated, not just the addiction. As an example, according to a study published in the journal Addiction, 58.8% of unemployed men drank over 8 drinks per day the previous week. Only 33.5% of employed workers drank the same amount. Other than unemployment, other reasons for addiction that should be addressed include high stress levels, insecurity, witnessing violence, poverty, enduring trauma, lack of social skills, low education levels, and poor parenting skills. It is, therefore, important that addicts choose a treatment program that offers the assistance needed.
3) If the treatment is to be effective, addicts need to provide feedback on the treatment. Periodic reviews are important because the treatment facility will then be able to tailor the treatment in such a way that it is most effective.
4) An addict needs to be committed to learning. Note that focusing on drug use consequences is not that helpful since most people already know the dangers of drug abuse – that is why they are there. The focus should be on the chemical changes that the addiction can lead to and leaning how to cope with the changes. Education is important because if the person understands the dangers, he/she is more likely to have the will to fight the addiction. Without the will, even a year at the best rehab clinic will not have the desired effects.
5) You should work on therapy. This should be a 24/7 prospect. Therapy is important because it is conducted by therapists who know what it takes to fight addiction. The sessions should include persons who have kicked the habit. Stopaddiction.com has such persons. Group therapy is best.
6) You should stay in therapy even when you start seeing improvement. Completing therapy is important because it prevents relapses. You will have the help of a support group or a therapist when you need such help most.
7) A support system within the family and at the workplace is important following the therapy. Support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous are also important.
Create a relapse-prevention plan and stick to it. Your therapist should be in a position to help you create such a plan. With such a plan, you will be able to quickly tell when you need to reenter a rehab facility, when to attend an emergency meeting of your support group, when to schedule a touchup session, and when you need the help of another addict. Click here for withdrawal treatment: StopAddiction.com.
Do you already have any plans to go in your upcoming holiday? Have you decided the destination? If you are still confused of choosing the place to be visited, you can start answering the questions below to be your guidance in selecting destination place. Continue reading
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!